Animal training is an extensive profile as it includes working with a variety of animals like dogs, cats, horses, marine mammals, birds, lions etc. for various purposes. You can choose which animal trainer you want to become.
The job of an animal trainer includes:
- Acclimatizing animals to human touch and voice and condition them to respond to commands
- Training animals for performance, riding, security, entertainment, obedience or assisting disabled persons
- Supervising dietary and health needs of animals
- Monitoring signs of illness or injury in animals
- Playing with animals and make them exercise
- Transforming behavior of animals through the principle of reward and punishment