• Candidate should be a graduate in any stream with atleast 50% marks for General Category and atleast 45% marks for ST/SC Candidates.
• Candidates appearing in the final year/semester of their degree program can also apply.
Registration can be done on CAT website.
• Fill the application form which includes personal details, contact information, academic details, work experience, program preference, and exam centre preference
• Upload scanned copies of documents such as photograph, signature, category certificate, and disability certificate
• Pay the application fee
Note: From 2017 onward, IIM Bangalore has also allowed candidates with backlog or supplementary to appear in the CAT 2017 exam
CAT is a computer-based test which consists of three sections:
1. Quantitative Ability
2. Verbal and Reading Comprehension
3. Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Duration: 3 hours
Number of questions: 100 questions of both MCQ and Non-MCQ nature
Marking Scheme: 3 marks for one correct answer
Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer